Meet The Attorney
Ms. Higginbotham-Brooks was appointed by Governor Ann Richards to Chair the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission that was under threat of legislative sunsetting. She is the first and only African American and female member of this Commission in its history. Under her leadership, regulatory compliance and diversity in purchasing and employment significantly increased.
Her 30 years of legal experience includes 10 years in federal regulatory interpretation and litigation as a Regional Attorney for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; a Civil Rights Attorney for the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare; and a Regional Attorney for the National Labor Relations Board. Ms. Higginbotham-Brooks has 20 years of transactional experience as Co-Bond Counsel and Underwriters Counsel in over 170 municipal bond issues totaling over $13 billion. Her clients included the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, North Dallas Tollway Authority, the Texas Public Finance Authority, the City of Fort Worth, Tarrant County and the City of Houston.
A native of Martinsville, Virginia, Ms. Higginbotham-Brooks is the mother of two grown daughters and the grandmother of two. She is involved in various organizations including the Links, Inc., NAACP, Women’s Political Forum and the United Negro College Fund. She also offers her legal expertise to the public through community workshops and local radio and cable television including host of “The People’s Law” a local cable television show.
- Georgetown University School of Law, J.D.
- Howard University, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude
- Admitted to Practice, Texas
- Vice Chair, Howard University Board of Trustees; Vice Chair of Development Committee for the $270 million Capital Campaign; Chair of Transition Committee for presidential change, Washington, DC
- Dallas African American Museum, Dallas, TX
- The Howard Theater, Washington, DC
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority, Fort Worth, TX
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Texas Department of Commerce Policy Board, Austin, TX
- National Bar Association Wiley A. Branton Award, 2011
- Howard University Distinguished Alumni Award Board of Trustees, 2003
- NAACP Thurgood Marshall Award for Outstanding Legal Services, 2002
- National Dental Association Excellence Award, 2001
- City of Fort Worth Outstanding Woman of the Year, 1994
Law Office of Renee Higginbotham-Brooks
Fort Worth, TX 76112
Fax: (817) 654-5123